Are you in on the activated charcoal craze? The top beauty gurus, YouTubers, and bloggers are all sharing DIY charcoal masks and we know why - charcoal has amazing skin and hair benefits! Activated charcoal isn’t widely known for its beauty benefits, but its absorption powers leave your hair and skin thoroughly cleansed, revealing smoother, healthier skin and hair. Keep reading to find out our top 5 reasons why charcoal should be added to your skin and hair routines.
1. Treats acne and oily skin: Activated charcoal helps to balance acne and oily prone skin because of its gritty texture that acts as a gentle exfoliator to remove dead skin and reveal smoother skin. It also pulls unwanted oils and toxins from the skin, giving you a deeper clean and reducing blemishes. But, if you have dry skin, careful with overusing activated charcoal, as it may dry your skin out even more.
2. Minimizes pores: Do you know what makes your pores bigger? Dirt and oil! Throughout the day our skin is exposed to toxins that clog our pores. Using activated charcoal as a facial cleanser removes dirt from your clogged pores and makes your pores less visible. Remember, cleaner pores equal smaller pores.
3. Insect bite or cut? Put down the alcohol and grab activated charcoal. Activated charcoal helps absorb the infection, reduces infection, and reduces pain. Activated charcoal can be used to treat bee stings, insect bites, cuts, snake bites, and rashes from poison oak and poison ivy. Mix the activated charcoal with water to make a paste and apply it to the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
4. Treat scalp conditions: If you suffer from oily scalp, itchy scalp, or dandruff, activated charcoal may be your magic cure! The activated charcoal works to pull toxins from your hair and skin, leaving your follicles cleansed and purified. You can use the activated charcoal before you shampoo or mix it in with your shampoo.
5. Limp hair? Use activated charcoal to add volume to your hair. Limp hair is the result of dirt and oil buildup. Unlike most volumizing shampoos that leave behind residue on your hair that promote dirt and oil buildup, activated charcoal remove surface dirt and dirt clogged in the pores of your hair. Your hair will feel lighter and have more volume.
Those are our top 5 reasons why you need to add activated charcoal to your hair and skin care routines, but we have 1 more! We found out that activated charcoal can also be used to whiten teeth. Yes, you can get that Hollywood smile, naturally.
To whiten your teeth, you would use the activated charcoal as your toothpaste. Just wet your toothbrush and dip it into the activated charcoal and brush as normal. Add some water to swish through your mouth and spit. Rinse well and reveal whiter teeth ☺
Did you know that we sell activated charcoal? Give our Charcoal + Goat Milk Face Mask a try and let us know what you think!